Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Day 3

I want to meet my students!  Seeing class lists and listening about available resources got me really excited to meet the students and start the school year.  While I clearly need more time and to review some more things I'm really looking forward to this year.  I think a lot of things that I'm wondering about will be answered next week with the division and department meetings but most of them are with regard to more specific logistics as I look forward to the first few weeks of the school year.

As a side note, something that has amazed me about this week is that all of this information hasn't stressed me out.  Usually at the beginning of the school year, all the information about things and changes (in addition to feeling like there is a ton to do to set up my classroom) really stresses me out and overwhelms me.  While I would like to think this is because of me, I really think its due to the structure of this week (including the length) so a HUGE "thank you" to all of you who planned it and helped make it happen :)

1 comment:

  1. Courtney,

    Don't undersell yourself! I'm sure your lack of stress is in large part because of your confidence as a teacher--as we build that, all of the changes don't feel so disruptive. Plus, it means you were meant to be here at FHS, right?!

    ReplyDelete