Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Nats/Giants rain delay has led me here to you tonight!

This morning's time to think about the first couple of weeks of school was invaluable. Just as I was getting into a good groove, it was time to move on. I will definitely need more time to just sit down and get focused! Making lunch was awesome. I hate to say it to the gentlemen in the group, you didn't really help defend your gender's cooking skills in the kitchen....but hey, we're all learning new things every day!! Highlight of the day though was on the tennis courts with Tom. Even though we were all warned, I'm not sure any of us actually believed that we were going to play tennis. I imagined that that's what happens to kids sometimes. You can tell them and warn them about things: aka, wear tennis shoes and comfortable clothes, but for some reason, we all totally missed the memo about an actual tennis game, and sometimes kids just cant connect all the dots either! But it was still great to get our competitive juices going and have some fun with each other outside the classroom. What a novel idea right??? Also, ice cream rules.

Another successful day.

oh, and go giants!! :)

5 comments:

  1. Rachel,

    Your sense of humor will be an invaluable tool in the classroom! You are so right about the tennis reality as it relates to kids. I'm glad the rain delay led you to us.

    Joey

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great insight - relating how adults sometimes "miss the memo" to how kids sometimes do in the classroom. I've had many experiences with both situations! ("Wait, you were serious when you said today was the last day for test corrections?")

    So glad you had a great day. Many more to come around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Rachel. Sports, in general, and hitting balls is not really my thing. So, when I must engage in such things, I assume I am being reminded that there might be someone in the world who doesn't think that applying the quadratic formula is the best thing since sliced bread.

    On another note, I'm going to have to say that I baked the chocolate chip cookies with encouragement from the females on our team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I did during the rain delay was switch over to the PGA tournament...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your energy and sense of humor! Oh, yeah and your love for the Giants! Great to see the connections that were made during this activity.

    ReplyDelete