Thursday, August 15, 2013

Design thinking

I enjoyed all of the components of our design thinking activity.  From the interviews, the observations, the questions, the brainstorming and the creating.....they provided many opportunities to look at the design problem from many angles.  I am thinking about how I could use this in Spanish class....I do one activity where student design their "dream house", so it might be possible to complete this as a design thinking activity.  They could possibly work on it in teams.  Also, they might be able to use it to design the perfect vacation to one of the many Spanish speaking countries.  (after doing research as a team, they could decide what would be included, how they would design their trip, etc.)

I do hope to try this with my classes.  Often times, many of these intensive "discussion" group activities do not work with lower level language students, but I know they can be refined to work in these situations and provide a more authentic language experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment