Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Excited about getting started

I really enjoyed working with fellow new teachers in our Fine Arts session.  We learned about all of the fabulous fine art opportunities here at Flint Hill, and we got to actively participate in the lesson.  It was very informative and active, and provided yet another opportunity to get to know our fellow new teachers.

I look forward to getting into the nuts and bolts of planning my first few weeks as a teacher.  I have the curriculum map, but need to get a feel for what fits into a day of class here.  I've always planned the old fashioned way in one of those teacher plan books, but I look forward to learning some tricks about planning on the computer using the calendar tool.  Also, the curriculum map shows what I will be teaching, but I haven't seen the texts to know if the cultural reading material is provided in the books, or if I need to find outside sources for this material.  Looking forward to putting it all together!  Onward...

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,

    Have you talked with Jill or Julie Young about getting your texts? That's a priority. If you need help with this, let me know. Let's talk tomorrow about this excellent question--what fits into a class day here.

    ReplyDelete