Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Reflections

I expect to challenge myself professionally this year more so than I ever have before. To a fault, I have always had high expectations for myself and those around me. I am the type of person that is always looking for something else to do, or something else to do differently. I am so excited to get the school year going and meet all these "crazy" 11 year olds that I already love, without having ever met them. I am so looking forward to all the upcoming conversations to be had, whether it be the push and pull of a dialogue or the warm conversations between teacher and learner. Mostly, I want to embrace all those moments where I will be the learner, and those around me--either adult or child--will have the opportunity to help me grow and learn. 

PS Lunch on our own was great. I have two more new friends #fhsnewfaculty 

1 comment:

  1. Rachel,

    Those sixth graders don't know how lucky they are. I can't wait to see how you use Twitter in your classroom (and all of the other cool, new things you'll try). So so glad that you are a part of the fabulous sixth grade team!

    ReplyDelete