Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Future

Although I have been teaching for some time, it's still a bit unnerving to begin in a new school.  At this point, though, I'm mostly excited to begin! I want to jump ahead to cool, fall weather, football games, and the mundane routine of already being in school for a few months. I will definitely feel more comfortable when everything is no longer so new.

For now, one of my most immediate concerns is learning how to work as a member of a department.  Until now, I have been THE History department, only consulting with myself.  Lucky for me, I have fantastic colleagues who have already been helping out, so my learning curve should be quite sharp.  Now, let's get started!

1 comment:

  1. Trust me on this--your department mates are eager to have you on the team and truly collaborate.

    Whether I'm old or new to a school, the first few weeks always fill me with anxiety, but once the year gets going I'm too busy to worry, so I get your "hurry up and let's move" mentality.

    ReplyDelete